Frederick B. Stattman, CFA
“Being responsive is important to me. If someone reaches out to me with an issue or a question, I respond right away. I want my clients to trust me and know that I care about their concerns.”
Fred Stattman considers himself lucky because he genuinely loves his career in the financial industry. As a portfolio manager, he enjoys the challenge of selecting long-term investments in an uncertain financial world.
Fred grew up in Colorado and earned a BS in Electrical Engineering from the University of Kansas, where he was a member of the engineering honor society Tau Beta Pi. After college, he worked in the aerospace industry as an engineer for Martin Marietta in Denver. Drawn to the quantitative aspects of finance, he completed his MBA at Columbia University in New York and then worked as a senior financial advisor in Asset Management Group’s New Jersey office. Fred returned to Colorado and began working with the firm in 1990. He is a member of the CFA Institute and the CFA Society of Colorado.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), 1992
- MBA in Finance | Columbia University, 1984
- BS in Electrical Engineering | University of Kansas, 1980
- Ecumenical Social Ministries: Board member
- St. Mary’s Cathedral: Previous finance council member
- Colorado Springs Choral Society: Previous board member