Steven R. Vela, CFA
“It’s important for me to treat everyone I work with fairly and equally. Regardless of the size of their account, clients deserve service that’s highly personal, and I think it’s essential to give each of them that individualized attention.”
As a former track cyclist, Steve Vela knows what it’s like to make quick decisions, but he believes that a winning investment approach takes patience, discipline, and a long-term perspective. Steve’s decisiveness enables him to help clients make informed financial choices, and a high regard for confidentiality and personalized service guide his professional relationships.
After growing up in Colorado Springs and graduating from Colorado College, Steve received his MBA in Finance from Southern Methodist University. In 1989, he joined Robert Ramsay’s firm that would eventually become Ramsay, Stattman, Vela, & Price, Inc. Under Ramsay’s mentorship, Steve gained invaluable portfolio management experience and the opportunity to develop enduring client relationships that remain important to him today. Steve is a member of the CFA Institute and the CFA Society of Colorado.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), 1995
- MBA in Finance | Southern Methodist University, 1989
- BA in Business/Economics | Colorado College, 1986
- Center for Furniture Craftsmanship, Rockport, ME: Treasurer and board member
- Colorado College 1874 Society: Previous Co-chair
- Atlas Preparatory School: Previous Treasurer and board member
- Nutrition Camp School Foundation: Former Trustee
- Pikes Peak Foundation for Mental Health: Previous chairman